My hubby likes a really traditional Thanksgiving dinner, so the majority of what continues our Thanksgiving menu is non-negotiable. Poultry, stuffing and mashed taters and gravy are an absolute must have. Becoming an adult our Thanksgiving dinners always incorporated marshmallow covered yams, but my spouse and i never like them.
A couple of years back I had been hosting Thanksgiving dinner and desired to include sweet taters in my mother, however i also wanted to locate a recipe that my spouse and i would like, And So I attempted Paula Deen’s Yams Bake. It had been an immediate hit with everybody and they’ve been in our Thanksgiving menu since.
Rather than excessively sweet, syrupy marshmallow yams, these sweet taters are mixed until they’re creamy smooth with heavy cream, butter, brown sugar, spices or herbs, as well as an egg to carry it altogether. Then it’s capped having a brown sugar, pecan topping that provides just a little crunch.
This season I made the decision to produce a pressure oven form of Paula’s recipe. My loved ones loved pressure oven version nearly as much as the oven baked version. I sprang the casserole underneath the broiler for any couple of minutes to caramelize the topping a little bit, but that’s optional if you wish to skip that step.
If you are much like me as well as your oven is definitely too complete Thanksgiving, it’s nice with an alternative route to prepare the sweet taters. I really hope you’ll combine it with your Thanksgiving menu.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsps heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Peel and cut sweet taters in two lengthwise and reduce 1/4-inch slices.
- Place a steamer basket within the pressure oven pot. Add 1 cup water and also the sliced taters. Lock lid in position, choose Ruthless and eight minutes prepare some time and start.
- When timer beeps, switch off pressure oven and perform a quick pressure release. Once the pressure is launched, carefully take away the lid.
- Place sweet taters inside a mixing bowl and add brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and beat by having an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and cream, mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Make topping: Mix together butter, brown sugar, flour and nuts having a fork sprinkle over surface of casserole.
- Place the trivet within the pressure oven pot. Add 1 cup water and also the casserole dish around the trivet*. Lock lid in position, and prepare on ruthless for fifteen minutes.